- Decrease greenhouse gases
- Save landfill capacity
- Avoid stinky trash
- Create a valuable agricultural product
- Build community
- Support a wide local business network
- And maybe even save money on trash collection!
WHAT IS CURBSIDE COMPOSTING?
We offer several composting solutions to the entire city of Colorado Springs, for both residential and commercial members. On a weekly basis, we collect your food scraps and yard waste and take them to be processed into rich, fertile, usable compost. It’s easy, clean, and affordable!
You receive a clean 6 gallon bucket and lid every week! Only food scraps and green grass clippings are allowed in the bucket but if you want to compost yard waste with us as well, you can add a yard waste bin to your membership for an additional $5/month. Choose whether to pay Yearly or Monthly, but both payment plans include weekly pick-up.
- Yearly: $250/year plus one-time $10 startup fee. Includes access to FREE finished compost rewards in Spring and Fall (3x 1 cubic foot bags delivered in 1st week of April and 3 more in 1st week of October, must opt in through membership portal to receive compost).
- Monthly: $22/month plus one-time $10 startup fee. Includes access to HALF PRICE finished compost ($4 per bag instead of $8), one half price bag earned per month of service. Must be requested through your member portal.
- Think you’ll want more finished compost than either of these options offers? Order as many extra bags of compost at $8/bag as you want at any time and we’ll deliver them to you on your next service date!
- If on any given week you need more volume than both the food scraps bucket and the yard waste bin allow, you can set out your excess in a disposable bag and we’ll only charge $5/bag (no more than 1 bag at a time please).
Only $10/month plus a one-time $10 startup fee!! We have 3 drop off locations: one at Phelan Gardens (right out front), one at Rick’s Garden Center (located on lower backside of building along the fenceline on Armstrong Ave), and one at The Shire at Old Ranch (Along the dirt drive coming off Old Ranch Road). Unlimited 24/7 drop off. No access to free compost with this budget membership option, but you can purchase bags at $8/bag and pick them up at our shop anytime!
We offer several container options for different business scales, and you can mix and match if you’d like. For all of our container options, we provide weekly pick-up and bill monthly. With a commercial membership, we’ll provide you with as many guidance sheets as you want for your employees to reference as they use the containers, as well as promotional materials so you can show your customers that you compost! We also include your logo in our list of commercial partners at the bottom of this page.
- 2x 6 gallon buckets: $30/month + one time startup fee (fee matches your monthly subscription fee)
- 32 gallon toter: $35/month + one time startup fee
- 64 gallon roll-off toter: $50/month + one time startup fee
If you need more than one of any given container, we’ll discount your additional containers!
Sign Up Now
Please check out this list on our blog tab of what we accept and what we don’t: https://brownsgreens.net/what-we-compost-and-what-we-dont/ We also give you a guidance sheet with this list on it when you sign up so you can easily reference it as you collect your waste!
We have 3 options for our residential pick-up clients who can’t fit all their food scraps in their bucket on a given week. 1, you can add an additional bucket to your membership for only $10/month! 2, you can set out one bag of excess food scraps at a time (any type of disposable waste bag works) with your bucket on any given week and we’ll pick it up on your service day. We charge $5 per extra bag. And 3, if you have a yard waste bin on your membership already but have way too much waste to fit in it or additional bags, we can arrange to send our landscape division to do a one time pick-up! This usually starts at $100.
We use 6 gallon buckets for our residential compost pick-up. You receive one of these with a tight sealing lid and we exchange it with a clean one when we come to pick up your food scraps every week!
The yard waste bin has about a 12 gallon capacity, roughly the volume of two of our food scraps buckets.
No, drop-off clients are responsible for their own receptacles to transport from the home to the drop-site. Each of our dropsites have two 64 gallon toters available and are emptied weekly!
After you sign up on the website, we send you a Welcome Email and First Invoice. You can pay this invoice with credit card through your member portal, and depending on what payment plan and membership type you choose, you can opt in for automated billing!
You can cancel at any time by either submitting your cancellation with the “requests” feature in your member portal, or simply call or email us as well. Please note, Yearly Membership Subscriptions are typically NOT refunded if you cancel mid-membership.
At this time, we still provide pick-up service on national holidays except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We take the entire week of Thanksgiving and the week between Christmas and New Years off. Don’t worry though, if your bucket or toter fills up due to a service delay, we allow you to put out any excess you have in a disposable bag on your next service day and we won’t charge you any extra fees!
We do not offer trash and recycling services in addition to our curbside compost service, but we highly recommend SOCO Waste! They are a locally owned and operated trash hauler in Colorado Springs and they offer recycling for an affordable price as an add on to their trash service. Check out their website and signup for service here! https://www.socowaste.com/
OUR COMMERCIAL COMPOSTING CLIENTS
We are proud to work with the following clients to assist in their commercial composting needs!